As an educator and administrator who has served my entire career in JCPS, I am excited to lead one of the premier middle schools in the city. It is my goal to provide effective academic and behavioral supports school-wide in an effort to create an atmosphere conducive for learning. I believe in the power of rethinking education and helping students attain standards in a way that best fits their needs. I will reduce any barriers that prevent teachers from teaching and students from learning.
To do so, I promise to strive to know your student personally and to always be visible, consistent, and passionate. Ramsey is one of the newest schools in JCPS, which is something our students and teachers are proud of. We have beautiful facilities, a wide array of sports, and a huge number of clubs to catch the interest of any student, but most importantly, top notch academics. We also strive to be accessible to all of our families by holding off-site parent teacher conferences, providing a variety of communication tools, and also multiple family friendly events. I understand the importance of a positive school culture and believe in strong student and teacher supports.
My number one rule is: Respect my right to teach and the right of others to learn. Learning truly comes first at Ramsey! Every day your students will see our creed posted around the building to remind them of the expectations, but also they will hear me say every morning... I am RESPECTFUL of others I am ACCOUNTABLE for my actions I am MOTIVATED to learn I will be SUCCESSFUL today I truly LOVE my job and look forward to serving you and your student at Ramsey. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Dr. Terra Greenwell
Ramsey Middle School Features:
- Advance Program, Honors Program, and differentiated curriculum for all students
- A sixth-grade wing to ease the transition to middle school
- A wide variety of extracurricular and athletic activities featuring state of the art, updated facilities.
- A District Hub for JCPS Middle School Athletics including: Cross Country Course, Football Stadium, Soccer Field, Lacrosse Field, & Field Hockey Field.
- An award-winning music department featuring orchestra, band & choir programs rated Distinguished by KMEA
- Student-led programs and initiatives including Girls on the Rise, Men of Quality, Gay Straight Trans Alliance, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Martin Luther King Union.
- An interactive Library Media Program teaching information literacy skills and offering digital and print resources for all students.